The first appointment can often be a stressful experience, right from the time of referral. We try our level best to make this experience as stress-free as possible for you.
- A referral letter stating the reason for consultation. The referral letter is essential to confirm an appointment.
Current Pathology and Radiology.
- If you inform us of the details of the pathology provider (NSW Health Pathology, Laverty, Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology or Australian Clinical Labs), we can get the results sent to us electronically.
- A list of current medications, if not already detailed on the referral letter.
- If you are required to undergo a diabetes fitness assessment as instructed by your workplace or Roads and Maritime Services, we can assist you with the process. These are the essential requirements for the fitness assessment.
- A valid referral from your general practitioner, if you would like to claim the Medicare Rebate.
- Blood test, including a HbA1c within 3 months of the appointment.
- Blood glucose records (from finger-prick capillary glucose checks).
- Optometry report within 3 months of the appointment.
- Podiatry report within the last 3 months of the appointment (not essential).
- Additional information/tests may be required depending on individual circumstances.
Our experienced multidisciplinary team comprising of an endocrinologist, diabetes educator and dietitian will provide a comprehensive management plan that will take you through this journey.
During the initial assessment, you will be provided with the required equipment for monitoring and managing the condition, and we will be assessing your progress fortnightly. We will ensure continuity of care during your inpatient stays at the private hospital as well during birthing. The last review in this care cycle will be 6 - 8 weeks after birth to discuss the post-partum glucose tolerance test results and future risk of gestational diabetes and type 1 / type 2 diabetes.
Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
A comprehensive assessment will be undertaken, which includes your glycaemic control, secondary complications from diabetes mellitus and risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Kindly blood glucose records (from finger-prick capillary glucose checks) and / or the glucometer.
- A food diary (you can download diet / glucose record sheet here – Diet Record PDF)
- Latest blood test results.
- Optometry report.
- Podiatry report.
- A valid referral from a medical practitioner is essential for processing Medicare rebate.
The Medicare rebate can be claimed at our consulting rooms after the consultation. After paying the account, the reimbursement will be transferred to -
- the account for the EFTPOS card you used to pay
- the bank account you have registered with Medicare.
- If you are paying cash, your benefit will be electronically transferred into the bank account you have registered with Medicare.
- For more information on Medicare claims – visit Services Australia website Medicare Claims.
- We do not bulk bill and full payment would be required at the time of the consultation.
- If you need more information, please do not hesitate to call us.
For approximate fees, please refer to the consulting fees page.